Vision / Mission / Goals
The L’Chaim Adult Day Centre was established in 1985 and provides:
- Social, therapeutic & recreational services to the elderly in a safe, supportive environment.
- Improved quality of life through a caring & stimulating group experience for those who might otherwise be isolated or confined to their homes.
- Support and respite for care-giving families & friends.
- April 1985-L’Chaim Adult Daycare Society is registered.
- Fall 1985-L’Chaim Adult Day Care opens on Wednesdays in the Beth Israel Synagogue Youth Lounge.
- The first year is funded by donations from the community in hopes that the Ministry of Health will provide funding once the program is established.
- June 1986-L’Chaim gets MoH funding and is expanded to Mondays and Wednesdays.
- September 1986 – Registered Nurse is added to staff. Eventually the volunteer meal server is replaced by a staff member.
- July 1995-Vancouver Health Board authorizes a third day for L’Chaim.
- August 1995 – L’Chaim opens on Fridays.
- January 2008 L’Chaim Richmond is established at Courtyard Gardens, Richmond on Thursdays.
- 2010 June L’Chaim Richmond closed due to lack of funding.