L’Chaim is a therapeutic day centre for the home-bound fragile elderly. For elders and loved ones, still living at home, with health problems — the L’Chaim Adult Day Centre provides a welcome ‘day out’ during the week. It serves older adults who are unable to attend other community activities, but can still function with some degree of independence.
The Day Centre can accommodate up to 16 clients. Services provided include:
- a wide range of therapeutic & recreational activities
- monitoring of medical conditions
- kosher home-style meals and snacks
- multilingual staff
- respite for caregivers
All our services are provided by professional staff in a warm, respectful and joyous environment. L’Chaim is open Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Although Jewish programming is central at L’Chaim, we work with clients of all faiths. We celebrate all the Jewish holidays including a weekly Kabbalat Shabbat on Friday afternoons. L’Chaim clients pay a nominal amount for their food and supplies each day and for transportation via HandyDART. Since L’Chaim provides an intense level of service, we cannot accommodate drop-ins.
Participation is arranged through referrals by: physicians, the local Community Health Centre, self-referral by family (call L’Chaim).
L’Chaim’s administrator, Annica Carlsson can answer questions on the admissions process at (604) 638-7275.
You are invited to the L’Chaim Adult Daycare Society’s
Annual General Meeting
Wednesday, August 26, 2015, 1:30pm
In the Dayson Boardroom at the JCC
950 West 41 Avenue, Vancouver, BC
- Call to order and Welcome;
- Approval of minutes of the last Annual General Meeting;
- President’s report;
- Adult Daycare Centre Administrator’s report;
- Treasurer’s report, including financial statements;
- Appointment of external accountant;
- Board of Directors Election including explanation of procedure;
- Nominations from the floor;
- Special recognition;
- Other Business